Friday, April 12, 2013

"M" is for Marlboro

I think I have an obsession with photos or art that depict women smoking.  I loved smoking...I used to smoke, for quite sometime.  Anyway, for my next watercolor assignment, we're supposed to paint a clothed figure.  I can draw a figure or face...no problem, but the watercolor is a totally different animal.

Our first step was to create a line drawing, I wanted mine uber accurate, so I used a light box.  And just so you know...it's not "cheating" if you know how to draw...if you use it exclusively, as your only means of drawing, then it's a cheat.   After the line drawing, we were to shade the drawing and then we'll transfer it to watercolor paper.  Here it is so far....I love this photo...found it on Pinterest here.  I'm not sure if he took the photo, or just pinned it.


I can see now with a side by side that I need to go much darker with the left side of her face...
and down her neck.  Now I see why they have us do this.
My 2b pencil was a stump when I finished and I was too lazy to get up and sharpen it.  
This is what happens when you do something like this at 11pm.  At least for me ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment