Sunday, April 7, 2013

"G" is for glaze.....

At least that is what I'm attempting to do with this watercolor painting.  I am not proficient with this medium yet, so figuring out the process has been a little bit of a challenge.  I know that I want to slowly build up my layers to preserve the luminosity, in other words, I'm using glazes of watercolor.  Hopefully, at the end it pays off.

Here is where I am today...my class only requires we submit our in progress landscape, the final painting is due next week.  I painted a graduated wash for the sky ...over the frisket, waited until it was dry and removed the frisket.  Then I laid in color with thin paint...I will be going over this, maybe 2 more passes and adding in detail like the branches of the trees, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment