Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"C" is for clouds...


My homework assignment for my watercolor class just so happens to coincide with today's blog post.  "C" is for clouds and we were to paint clouds with a soft edge and a hard edge....the second exercise was to paint clouds showing depth/distance.  These are only quick exercises to get us started with our bigger landscape assignment.  So here are my clouds for the day....



Here is my reference for our upcoming landscape assignment, a quick value sketch and my color palette....






6 comments:

  1. Hi Monica - Love your cloud series. You're a talented artist :) Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to rush things, but I'm wondering what you'll do for Z... Someone sleeping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts so far! I'm always fascinated by works-in-progress so thanks for posting your sketch and palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome everyone and thanks so much for the comments. Hey..that's a good idea for "z"...I just might. This challenge is tough so far between work, school and life in general...but I like the challenge! I haven't had a chance to check out anyone else's blog yet..but that's the plan for this weekend. Thanks again for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to learn watercolor, but on my own. I'd love to be able to take a class some day. I love your clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Havalah...my other art classes have helped immensely, I'm a beginner with the watercolor but I really like it. Their are some great tutorials on youtube.com

    ReplyDelete