Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"B" is for Bike...Motorcycle...Scoot

  School will be over for the summer by mid-May and I'd really like to paint my bike.  I may, however, just start with the helmet for now.  I'm finding that with a full day of work, walking the dog, dinner and studying...that it's already past 9pm most nights when I finish.  Not a lot of time to flesh out a piece of artwork.  So, instead I've decided that I'll start looking up reference and I'll post what intrigues me and some of the designs I'd like to incorporate into my bike/helmet.  I'm not a big fan of the air-brushed look, it reminds me of the t-shirts you get when you go the beach, if it's not done right it can look really cheeeezy.  So here are few ideas that inspire me and some that don't.

This is great, the abstract design is cool along with the palette


Okay...I got off the path a bit in my quest and stumbled upon this...."How to Select a Good Ol' Lady"....lol!  Funny stuff. You can find a lot of great, vintage photos here.
Bandit
This has a vintage look to it which I really like.
Custom Paint Motorcycle Tank Cake
I know it's just a cake...but it's sparking an idea.
I am in love this design, quite possibly my favorite...you have to check out his step by step, it's stunning.
You  can find it here.
custom painted motorcycle helmet
No......just no.
#skull
I love the realism of these skulls with the color overlay.  Tattoo inspired is the direction I want to  go.
 skull and flowers
Another great realistic skull, the feminine paired with the macabre makes me happy.  This is beautiful.

Love the white tank and tattoo style paint job.
Very creative an original.  Looks like a woodcut.




No comments:

Post a Comment