Friday, July 3, 2009

Yipes!! Where did the time go???

I can't believe it's already the 4th of July!! Things have been going well and have been really busy around here. I'm trying to keep up with the graphic design projects I have on Ft. Drum while entering shows and trying new things.

The reception at the National Northeast Pastel Exhibition in Old Forge, NY was a great time and I got to meet some wonderful people that are on the artist community Wetcanvas. Paula Ford, Lynn Vokatis, Adriana Meiss, and Don Ketchek. We all ate dinner together after the reception and talked "shop"...it was so nice to be surrounded by kindred spirits! To top it off, I just found out yesterday that my painting "Adirondack Stream" sold! How exciting! The next show is ...

The "Along the River's Edge Show & Sale" at the Handweaving Museum & Arts Center in Clayton, NY is opening on the 9th of July, my charcoal drawing "Asian Still Life" will be on exhibit there until the show closes August 28th.

The 2nd Annual Street Painting Festival in Elmira is fast approaching...this coming Friday we'll drive down and stay until Sunday. I've chosen to do a reproduction of a Mucha's painting "Fruit" in an 8 x 10' space. I'll be sure to bring the camera and take plenty of photos of all the work there.

After the street painting festival I have a few more things lined up...I'll be teaching a Pastel workshop for children at the YMCA, attending the Croghan Free Library at the end of this month to speak to children about creativity and art and participating in the street painting demo at the Summer Festival at Thompson Park in Watertown, NY, August 15th. This event is hosted by the North Country Arts Council and they are still looking for artist's to sell their work, so if you're interested please visit there website and sign up! A 10 x 10' space is pretty inexpensive and it's going to be a great time!

Somewhere in between everything that's going on, I need to carve out some time to actually create! I have a wonderful new french easel and I'm eager to get outside to do some plein air painting this summer. Wish me luck!!

1 comment: